New blog update...for the rest of the year I'm going to catch up, for the most part, with weekly posts. I fell so behind not having a computer in Maine for a bit that I just gave up for awhile but I am determined to finish this year and make a book for my family! Unless I have photos from the day or an event written on my calender I have NO IDEA what happened for the date! I for sure didn't take photos every day after we left Maine. But, this is a good lesson now in how fast life goes and all those days that were so important at the time will be forgotten from your memory unless there's something to remind you of what the day held. It's actually kind-of sad and it drives me more and more to keep up with my blogging. The days are so valuable to me and I never want to forget the precious moments I've been given to share with my family.
This week our lives returned back to crazy. The fact that Scott's car shit the bed TWICE just tells you the kind of week it's been! Note to all out there, the dealerships will overcharge you and they'll also lead you to believe that there are many more things wrong with your car than are necessary. Uhm, no thanks...we'll support the small man.
We went back and forth with deciding to go to Sea World because of our car craziness this week. Thinking for a bit that we were going to have to drop some serious cash to put in a new transmission pretty much halted all our extra curricular activities. But then, on a whim, we threw our hands up in the air and said so is life and piled in the car to make fun new memories for our kids. Unfortunately, what was suppose to be less than a 2 hour car trip to San Diego turned into 4. FORTUNATELY, we were determined to shake it off and enjoy Shamu!
We met our wonderful friends, the Deckwas there and also my new 'old' friend Mary with her family too. Both of these moms I 'met' online 4 years ago when we were pregnant with our now 3 year olds. Some of these women have turned in to be some of my closest friends throughout the past few years. It's so rare to be part of a group such as this and I cherish them all!
Here's the 3 loved reasons Mary, Jennifer & I are friends in this life.
One of my most favorite shots of the day!
While in Maine I started training for my Half Marathon that is in October. I got up to 6.5 miles in distance and have been very happy with my training regime. Before we left I invested in a pair of Nike Frees so this is the first week that I've trained in them. Right now, I'm in love!

my eyes are all teary from this sweet post. xoxo
ReplyDelete