8/22-8/28/2010

This week was jammed full of new adventures for us, from a fun little water park to meeting Chantz's new teacher!  So much fun all wrapped up into a few short days!

On the 22nd my friend Romy called me up and asked if I wanted to head out to a little water park with the kids.  This little enclosed area was the cutest!  It was just like a playground in about 2 feet of water.  At one end they had two little slides that the kids could have fun on too.  I never knew about this place and it's only open on the weekends and there are two different time slots to choose from.  The water park/playground is all enclosed with a fence and there's a minimal fee to get in.  After 2 hours they kick everyone out, drain and change the water. Love that!  Now, although the Santa Anita Dam Park that this little water park is located in is beautiful it's not a place you'd want to wander in and hang out, if you get my drift!  If you're not covered in tats and have a pant leg rolled up I'm not sure that you belong there!  So, basically you head there for the water park, go in and have your fun and then head straight back out to your car.



The MOST FANTASTIC thing about the little water park is that it completely tired out my children.  I don't think he's ever fallen asleep mid-boggle before!  I looked over once and he was getting it out to play I look over a second time and this is what I see!

On Monday the firecopters were flying over our house all day!  I head out to study only to come back to a fire up in the Canyon a mile or so from our house.  It was contained within a couple hours but man, that's some scary stuff!  I called Scott on my way home and said maybe we should pack a bag & our most valuable items just in case since we have absolutely ZERO experience with the wildfires in CA.  In my mind I'm thinking our photos, cameras and laptops.  In his mind it was pajamas, underwear and pull-ups since that's what I came home to packed and ready!  Oh boy....I think we need to review some procedures here! 

On Wednesday the 25th I decided it was time to ditch the crib.  We had twin mattresses but we were waiting until we found a bunk bed we really liked but Sutton was sleeping so awful on his crib mattress that I just decided to bring them in and set them up on the floor for the time being.  I worked most of the day rearranging their room and taking down Chantzelor's loft bed to get ready for night.  This was Sutton's first night in a big boy bed and he was in a deep sleep for the entire night.  Guess he was ready!
 Here's a photo of Chantz from that night too.  The Deckwa Family gave him a Shamu while we were at Sea World and he's slept with it every night since.  He always has a few favorite buddies he takes to bed with him.  Sutton on the other hand could care less.  So funny how similar they are but so very different too!

We rounded out the week with a meet and greet at school.  This is the day that we go to Chantz's school and find out who his teacher is.  Kinda funny how they do it here.  Everyone through a certain grade goes to the school at a designated time.  Posted on the outside wall of the office hangs lists of teachers and their students.  You find your name on the list to know who your teacher is and then you go into the center courtyard and find your teacher to meet him or her.  This year Chantzelor's teacher is Mrs. Povinelli.  If I had gotten my paperwork in on time at the end of the school year this is who I would have requested for him.  I completely respect the way she teaches her students and the amount of control she has within her classroom.  Standing at about 4 feet tall and keeping 32 students alert and learning will be quite an accomplishment but if I had to put my money on someone it would definitely be her!  So happy with our placement!

I did forget that on Saturday Chantzelor had his first football meeting.  He was recruited to play by one of our neighbors, who is coaching the team that he will be on.  He was also a co-coach with Scott in baseball back in the spring and has become a pretty close friend of our family.  It's a super competitive league and we were up in the air about letting him play this year but decided it would be good for him to play a fall sport since we missed soccer sign-ups.  The team has already been playing for quite some time so Chantz has to make up time in order to get on the field.  Not only competitive but this league is super strict so every player has to have so much time under their belts of practice in order to even be on the roster.  I'm curious to see how this plays out through the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers